Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekly Update for week ending 1/22/2011

 I've been working on the script for the graphic novel. It is an interesting experience. I feel like I'm directing a movie or television show. This experience is forcing me to grow as a writer.

I've been talking to Byron Rempel the illustrator about my vision for the book. He appears to be extremely enthusiastic. He provided some links to a few online comics that he follows. I really like them.

Byron is also doing the cover for Lucky Streak. We chatted about my vision and the important factors in the scene. He asked very good questions. I am confident that he will do an excellent job.

I joined a local writers' meet up group,  The Dead Horse Society: KC Area Speculative Fiction Writers!
I intend to be a rather low key member. I mainly want to hear other writers in person. 


I wish that I had not mentioned my upcoming book in my biography. They may think that I know more than I do. How do I explain that it was really a case of dumb luck and being in the right place at the right time? It also helps that Denise and Todd at May December Publications are aces.


Remember, I am neither a successful writer nor an editor so follow any advice I give at your own peril.


Until next week, I remain Dane Grannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment