Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weekly Update for week ending 2/05/2011

I finished the rough draft of the first part of the graphic novel. I'm going to let it sit for a few weeks before reading it and realizing what a piece of crap it is. I don't know about you, but every rough draft I write is awful.

Last week a few more people purchased Escape From Hope. Sales are disappointing but what should I expect? I am an unknown author sans fan base.  Perhaps sales will increase over time.

I've been in a foul mood all week, so I haven't critted anything for my friends. I hope they understand.


On the writing front. Yesterday I started working on a companion novel to Lucky Streak. So far I've outlined about 17,000 words of material. The action scenes defined are in many ways the easiest to describe. Almost all were mentioned in Lucky Streak, but they are being told from a different POV in this as of yet unnamed story.

My protagonist is surprising me. He has depth that I didn't imagine when he appeared before. I'll need to tread carefully when describing the effects of the Zombie Apocalypse on him. I hope he appears heroic and not pathetic. This will be considerably darker than Lucky Streak.

I've rambled enough. It is time to work on my outline. Until next week, I remain Dane Grannon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment