Saturday, March 5, 2011

Weekly Update for week ending 3/05/2011

On Thursday I received a copy of the artwork that will be the cover of Lucky Streak. Shawn Conn did an excellent job capturing the essence of the scene. I am extremely happy with it. Needless to say, I'm very excited.

Todd finished reading my manuscript. He made a suggestion for changing the last chapter. To be honest, it was very hard to hear any criticism of my novel -- my baby. That said, I kept an open mind and decided to try and rewrite it. I'm still torn about whether or not I can accomplish what I want, but I'll write it and see. I spoke with some of my other readers and they also said that the ending seemed weak. I need to improve my story. I hope that this makes the story better.

Part of this adventure is learning to work as a professional. I need to incorporate others' advice into the structure of my story. I hope I've learned my lesson.

Until next time, I remain, Dane Grannon

4 comments:

  1. The advice I offer is based on what I see readers complain about most often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to get advice from others. It can open your mind to things you never considered before and you could come up with something brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate the people who take the time to read my novel. @astradaemon You are a gem. Thank you for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, I hope that Bucharest is nice this time of year.

    ReplyDelete