Saturday, May 7, 2011

Update for Week Ending 5-07-2011



As I write this, I am sitting at the launch party of EOLYN. I met Karin only a few months ago. She is a wonderful writer. I’m only one-third of the way through and it has been a delight.

As I sit here, I feel happy for her but almost insanely jealous. I’m an adult and should be beyond these feelings; however, the events in my life are such that my emotions are on edge. I must endeavor to control them or link this into a package that can be utilized in my writing. I find that my best writing originates in strong emotions and powerful memories. My writing is never a true memory, but a trickle within the torrents of my stories.

My writing is going poorly. The second book is proving impossible to write. I have a detailed outline and well-defined characters but almost no motivation. I wonder if this is related to my concern that no one will actually purchase Lucky Streak. May December Publications is a creating a flyer that I can place on a free table at the entrance to ConQuest. I hope that they generate good sales.

I hope that some of my followers will review Lucky Streak and help me plug the book. A few months ago, one of my friends said that she will interview me closer to the publication date. I look forward to this. I trust her to take my not-so-great public speaking skills and transform them to coherence. 

A month from now, I’ll be settling into my new apartment. There are many details to manage, so I’ll have no difficulties finding distractions. This bodes an ill-wind for my writing. I’m considering taking break, but I worry if I stop, I won’t start again.


Until next week, I remain Dane Grannon

2 comments: