Sunday, May 15, 2011

Update for Week Ending 5-14-2011

Time for yet another boring post. The Adventure is dragging. I think that I wrote less than 500 words.

There are many reasons but the most pressing is that I'm feeling the effects of stress on my life. Yes I know that I sound like I'm whining, but all in all this was a bad week. It started with my birthday. For the first time in 21 years, I have neither wife nor girlfriend to celebrate with. The soon to be ex-wife officially filed the papers. I'm be more reasonable than I should but at this point I want it over with.

I have purchased most of the basics to furnish my new apartment. I'm waiting until I have the moving truck to pick up the futon I'll use for a bed. I plan to buy a nice bed in a few months, but will shop around for a while. Maybe, I'll try a Sleep Number bed. In any event I'll select a considerably softer mattress than the one I have now.

My mother's health continues to deteriorate. I am gravely concerned that she won't last out the year. She probably end up in a nursing home before too much longer. I'm being supportive of my sister in her attempts to deal with this. I hope my brothers do the same. I don't have the emotional energy to deal with this. I feel almost empty.


This leads me to my writing. Lucky Streak is scheduled for publication on July 20, 2011. I should be excited about this, but right now, I want it to be over with. My publisher should be sending over an updated pre-press version in the next few days. I expect it to be clean. She is extremely thorough.

This post is rambling. I am ending it now, before it gets worse.

Until next week, I remain, Dane Grannon

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are a bit rough at the moment. On the up side you'll have a book published! No mean feat.
    all the best,
    mood

    ReplyDelete