Sunday, May 22, 2011

Update for Week Ending 5-21-2011

This week I registered my domain name danegrannon.com and set up a basic website and simple online shopping cart through Go Daddy. The tools were extremely simple to use and it was very economical.

I now have an income goal for my writing. I want to make enough to pay for the website and all my writing supplies. With the publication of Lucky Streak, I believe that this is attainable.

Writer's block has fully manifested itself, so I'm writing anything just to get the words on the screen. On Friday I watched a horror movie and wrote a review. The review became a blog post. I haven't heard back from Altered Realities Radio yet, but remain hopeful that they will publish it. If so, I may try one each week.

Last night I attended a writing conference conducted by Kansas City Science Fiction and Fantasy Club. I didn't learn anything new, but it is always renewing to spending time talking about writing. Afterwards Robin Wayne Bailey, Diane Bailey, Chris McKitterick, and I went out to eat at Marrakech Cafe. I really enjoyed the food and company.

I am really looking forward to ConQuest. It is less than a week away. There will be flyers advertising Lucky Streak on the free table. Shawn Conn did his normal incredible job on the flyer. I'm extremely lucky to be working with him.

That is all for now. Until next time, I remain, Dane Grannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment