Friday, September 30, 2011

Musings of a tired mind

I changed jobs recently and my new commute is nearly three hours every day. This really stinks. T he work is interesting and the people nice, but by the end of the day, I'm brain-dead. I haven't written any fiction since the change. This will improve when I move again next month, but in the mean time I'm just going from day to day.

I have a few things to write about today. The first one is Adam Carolla's The Car Show on the Speed Channel. I've watched this since the beginning and really enjoyed the hour long show. Imagine my disappointment when the most recent episode was reduced to half an hour and they dropped John Salley as a host. I am not amused. The new format feels rushed and I feel cheated. I'll continue watching because I appreciate the insights of the panel.. I've never been much of a car person, but they hold my interest without making me feel stupid. Bring back the hour format!


My second topic is a review of Demon Knight. It is one of the DC 52 #1 issues that are restarting in September. I went into it without knowing anything. This is my favorite of the three issues I purchased. The artwork is superb. The story telling feels a little rushed but it is important to introduce the main characters and show a little action. My "friends" at Comic Geek Speak described this as a Dungeons & Dragons adventure in a comic. I couldn't agree more. I really am looking forward to issue 2.  I rate this as a BUY.

As I was typing this, I thought of something else to mention. Yesterday I thought of a fantastic starting line. "I wouldn't say my neighbors had a bad marriage, but she brought a date to his funeral." This will become a story.

That's all for now.
Until next time, I remain, Dane Grannon

No comments:

Post a Comment