Sunday, October 9, 2011

Non-comic post.

My very long commute provides an excellent opportunity to listen to audiobooks. My favorite source is Librivox. They record books that are in the public domain. They have a great catalog.


On Friday, I finished listening to The Sea Wolf by Jack London. Even though this book is 105 years old, it stands the test of time and is a true masterpiece of psychological deconstruction. I won't give away the plot, but it is completely gripping. I think that it would take a director of the stature of Stanley Kubrick to do this justice. In many ways,  it is more horrific than A Clockwork Orange. Too bad that he died last century.

I hope that my current work in progress begins to approach the subtlety of human change.

Speaking of my WIP, it was my turn to have a selection critted by The Dead Horse Society. The feedback was excellent. They enjoyed the selection and one person asked me how many times I'd edited it. The truth is, only once. I've only changed a few incorrect word choices and a few typos.

The most interesting "observation" by the people is that they reached the conclusion that there is a lesbian affair. I hate to break it to them, but that isn't the case. One person made an interesting suggestion regarding the opening scene. I like the idea, but am concerned that it will read like one of those "lost footage" movies. I wonder if I can use the idea. I'll give part of it a test write.

The news I thought I may have for this entry has not materialized. Perhaps by next time.

Until next time, I remain, Dane Grannon

No comments:

Post a Comment