Monday, December 26, 2011

I am writing again and Baltimore Review

I read the Baltimore: the Plague Ships trade paperback. This is an excellent story with a rugged art style that I really like. Lord Baltimore is a well defined complex character who deserves his own book. I am very glad my old LCS was able to order then forward it to me. I now live 90 miles away, so I probably won't be back. Now I need to find another one.


The move closer to my job is paying great dividends. My energy level is considerably higher. I feel the urge to critique and write when I get home instead of eating dinner and going to bed. I've read and taken notes on three Stoker nominees. This year is going to be tough. Somehow I'll make my decisions.


I am also in the process of reviewing the novel I started for NaNoWriMo. So far, I've decided to keep about 14,000 words of the 21k. Yes, I know I didn't finish, but as I said at the time, I was just too tired.


I've been keeping an eye on the sales of some books that I've read and don't consider as well written as Lucky Streak and they are outselling it. I don't know whether it is price point, publicity, or they are just better, but it is disappointing. I plan to finish the re-write of Escape from Hope and post it during the first quarter of next year. With it under my control, I'll be able to experiment with the price.


Until next time, I remain, Dane Grannon

No comments:

Post a Comment