Thursday, July 26, 2012

Experiment

Over the past two weeks, I conducted an experiment to see how long would pass before someone who is not related to me would initiate a conversation in person. The conversation had to be non-work and non-business related. I went 13 days.

 My health is improving. On Monday, I had a follow up doctor's appointment and everything came back normal. I am still very weak and have no endurance, but that will reappear with time.

 I plan to edit a short story in the next few weeks and post it on Amazon. It won the professional division for the Story in a Bag competition at ConQuest 42 last year. I did not have the energy or will to participate this year, but I judged the entries.

While at ConQuest 43, Johanna Gegraitis gave me a copy of Facilitators. To be honest, I didn't expect much from the book and really only went to talk to her because she looked a little sad. We started talking and she gave me a copy. I promised myself that I'd read it. Last week, I picked it up and read it in only a few hours. The 293 pages flew by. I didn't scan for typos or anything like that, I read it for the story. Johanna can write.

 On a final note, research is progressing on an historical novel which may or may not be an alternate history/horror. I am also outlining a funny business essay.

 Until next time, I remain, Dane Grannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment