Sunday, August 3, 2014

Review of Grayson #1

Whenever the DC Comics Universe is mentioned, discussion normally turns to the "Big Three" of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. With nary a dissenting voice, everyone agrees that they are the foundation of the Multiverse.

That begs this question. Who is number 4? A few weeks ago Comic Geek Speak Podcast spent a considerable time making the point that Dick Grayson is number 4. I won't plagiarize their supporting arguments here. Go find the episode where Tom King is a guest.

Grayson takes the reader into an uncharted section of Dick's life. He is now a rookie secret agent working for an unnamed agency. Even better he is paired with Earth One's version of [Redacted]. This is an exciting development. I have been waiting for [Redacted] to appear in the new 52.

The book is extremely well written and I like the artwork. The arc is very intriguing and I can't wait for the next issue. I wonder about the long term viability of this ID though.

I urge everyone to go to their local comic shop and buy this book. It may also be available from Comixology for download.

I hope you enjoyed this.


No comments:

Post a Comment