Sunday, November 23, 2014

Wynter #1

Today I read Wynter #1 by New World Comics. In the interests of full disclosure, I was sent a free PDF for following them on twitter.

In the distant future a teen girl struggles to find an identity in the mass of humanity. She is not special in any way. On the surface this seems like a very boring idea; however, the implementation is far greater. The concepts and interplay of science fiction with the mundane pieces of life weave a complex and very real 4D world ( I'm including time as the 4th Dimension). This World breathes and is on the cusp of great changes.

It is generally against my policy to give away the plot and I'm not going to violate that now. If you have ever been a teenager and get obtain a free copy, take a few minutes and read this. The storyline is crisp with artwork that matches the theme and feel. When I catch up more on my reading, I'll pick up issues 2, 3, and 4 (if available) from comixology. At only $1.99, it is a great value.

Until next time
-- Dane

No comments:

Post a Comment