Saturday, December 13, 2014

G.I. Joe Cobra Civil War Compendium

When I was a boy, my parents gave me a 12" tall G.I. Joe. Our innumerable adventures came to an end when I strapped two Estes D engines to his back and launched him into the sky. After two weeks of searching, I gave up.

In the 1980s, Sgt Slaughter adopted the G.I. Joe persona during a "face" turn in the WWE. I was vaguely aware of a cartoon series and an extensive toy line, but never indulged.

When I started reading comics again 42 months ago, an event called Cobra Civil War was just starting. I read bits and piece, but never learned the outcome. This compendium spans the G.I.Joe, Snake Eyes, and Cobra titles and places the issues in correct order. IDW really outdid themselves with this series. The artwork is the way I think action adventure comics should be drawn, The plot is strong with a detailed plot with many twists that kept me fooled until the end.

I am not going to spoil this incredible book other than to say that it begins with the Cobra Commander dead and starts a contest to establish his predecessor.

I highly recommend this wonderful book. I look forward to reading it again in six months or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment