Monday, August 13, 2018

The Death of Adventurers League

This is unlike the previous posts. I stopped writing fiction and won't be writing about it anymore.

My creative outlet has reverted to Dungeons & Dragons. I really like 5e, the system is good. I've also been extremely active in the local Adventurers League.

About 18 months ago, a friend of mine and I started running Adventurers League games at GateKeepers in Topeka, Kansas. Our group was small at first, but it has grown to nearly 40 active people playing on three separate dates. It is a fun group. We have a blast.

The Season 8 rule changes as they stand on August 13, will destroy the league. Unless there is a major change, only one of the dungeon masters in our group will continue running A.L. This makes me sad. I've been active on the Facebook threads for Adventurers League expressing my group's opinion about the rules and our suggestions for fixing the changes. 4 of the admins have basically told me to not let the door hit me on the backside on the way out.

I'll post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment